Lovefraud.com offers a wealth of information on sociopaths, con artists, psychopaths, anti-socials, master-manipulators and the like. It also has a fantastic blog filled with stories from women and experts, and offers great support for women who are recovering from being with a sociopath. Apparently, over 50,000 people visit the site each month, searching for information and help. For any woman who has to file an Order of Protection to remove a sociopath from her life, this site can be a tremendous resource.
One of the site's articles that I think every woman who's dating should have is the following....
10 Signs that you’re dating a sociopath
If your new romantic interest exhibits all or most of the following behaviors, be careful.
He or she might be a sociopath.
1. Charisma and charm. They’re smooth talkers, always have an answer, never miss a beat. They seem to be very exciting.
2. Enormous ego. They act like the smartest, richest or most successful people around. They may actually come out and tell you that.
3. Overly attentive. They call, text and e-mail constantly. They want to be with you
every moment. They resent time you spend with your family and friends.
4. Jekyll and Hyde personality. One minute they love you; the next minute they hate
you. Their personality changes like flipping a switch.
5. Blame others. Nothing is ever their fault. They always have an excuse. Someone else causes their problems.
6. Lies and gaps in the story. You ask questions, and the answers are vague. They tell stupid lies. They tell outrageous lies. They lie when they’d make out better telling the truth.
7. Intense eye contact. Call it the predatory stare. If you get a chill down your spine when they look at you, pay attention.
8. Move fast. They quickly proclaim that you’re their true love and soul mate. They want to move in together or get married quickly.
9. Pity play. They appeal to your sympathy. They want you to feel sorry for their abusive childhood, psychotic ex, incurable disease or financial setbacks.
10. Sexual magnetism. If you feel intense attraction, if your physical relationship is
unbelievable, it may be their excess testosterone.
For more information, visit Lovefraud.com. The site was created by freelance writer and book author Donna Andersen, after her own experience being married to a sociopath.