OOP Survivor Blog

Four women and five children die every day in the U.S. due to domestic violence. Read President Barack Obama's Presidential Proclamation announcing his commitment to reducing the prevalence of domestic violence in our country.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Order of Protection Saga

I've started writing this blog as a way to work through the chaos of the past few months of my life. In expressing what I've gone through, I also hope to reach others who are faced with a similar situation and need to know they're not alone. Deciding to file an Order of Protection against someone else, whether they're a colleague, family member, significant other, or whatever, is stressful enough....and then you have to deal with the legal system. When I entered this realm, I really had no understanding of what an Order of Protection meant, the consequences involved, the cost, and the incredible mental and emotional toll. I've created this space here to write about what I've gone through and to work through the nightmare so that one day I can leave it behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment